Agriculture and rural business
Agricultural industry the trades linked to the food chain are in a difficult time. Outside influences, such as the the stregnth of the pound (£), new reform to the common agricultural policy, and the influence of larger multnational retailers has left many feeling insecure about their position in the market. Keeping your farm going in these times of uncertainty is a tricky task, so you need an accountant who can not only steady the ship, but also set the course for success.
Due to the nature of the agricultural sector, the method for approaching funding can be different. It relies heavily on having capital, so efficient tax planning of all areas is going to be key to sustainability. You need a team who can see the details and differences within the system, including any existing relationships, the complexities of EU subsidies and any quota or grants. We understand this area thoroughly, and we’re dedicated to finding a solution that works for you.
What we can do to help:
- Advising on taxation issues – capital gains tax – roll over and taper relief, milk quota and development land. Income tax – capital allowances, averaging, herd basis
- Assisting with succession and looking at Inheritance tax and succession planning
Obtaining funding for business expansion, diversification and land purchase
- Preparing profit forecasts and cash flows
- Preparing monthly VAT Returns, to obtain refunds from HM Customs & Excise,
Structuring the business – limited companies, partnerships and trusts
- Providing and planning for pensions and advising on tenancies and property assets
- Advice on tax issues
- Succession planning
- Monthly VAT returns
- Pension Planning
Get a free consultation
Let’s talk. You’re very welcome at our Swansea or Cross Hands offices, or we can stick to phone or video. Rydym yn siarad Cymraeg.